Author bio section
I am the author of this blog and also a top-producing Loan Officer and CEO of InstaMortgage Inc, the fastest-growing mortgage company in America. All the advice is based on my experience of helping thousands of homebuyers and homeowners. We are a mortgage company and will help you with all your mortgage needs. Unlike lead generation websites, we do not sell your information to multiple lenders or third-party companies.
According to Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) weekly mortgage application survey, California mortgage rates has now increased seven of the last eight weeks. Most of the big banks are now advertising Annual Percentage Rates (APR) just under 4%.
30 Year and 15 Year Fixed Mortgage Rates
The average interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) was up six basis points to 3.73%. The rate for 15-year Fixed Rate Mortgages also increased, by five basis points to 3%.The average interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages for high balance loans (Loan amounts greater than $417,000) increased to 3.96 percent from 3.95 percent.
FHA Loan Rates
The average interest rate for 30-year fixed FHA-insured loans increased five basis points to 3.53%. MBA data showed the average rate for jumbo 30-year Fixed Rate Mortgages (loan amounts greater than $417,000) increasing one basis point to 3.96%.
Adjustable Mortgage (ARM) Rates
The rate for the 5/1 ARM had the biggest increase, moving up 12 basis points to 2.72%.
If you are looking to compare mortgage rates for Citi Mortgage, Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Chase, click here.
if you have been sitting on fence to refinance, this could be the time to get off the fence before its too late.
You may also like to read – How to become a better mortgage rate shopper
- 92Mortgage rates just witnessed the worst week on record. During last 3 days, rates were changing on an hourly basis. Just when I thought I have seen it all, we get a week like this. Its a loan officer's worst nightmare come true. In last seven days I had already…
- 89Mortgage rates continue its relentless rise. After reaching historical lows at the end of April, the rates have increased for 7th straight week. Today's statement by Fed chairman Ben Bernanke further worsened the market. By end of the day, rates were at a 18 months high with outlook of more…
- 88Mortgage rates for California and rest of the country continue to trend lower. Its at a point where a 30 Year-Fixed rate under 4% can again be a reality. Last week mortgage backed securities (MBS) improved 95 basis points. Whenever MBS prices go up, mortgage rates go down. Weaker than…
- 87California Mortgage Rates for Refinance and Home Purchase Loans have been all over the place this year. According to Freddie Mac Primary Mortgage Market Survey 30 Year Fixed Rate started at 4.77%, went over 5% in week 2 of February and since started the climb down to be now at…
- 85The first Friday of every month is almost always one of shock and awe; the release of the monthly employment data is rarely a calm event. The March data released last Friday did disappoint in terms of surprise. The news improved Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) price by 40 basis points…