Author bio section
I am the author of this blog and also a top-producing Loan Officer and CEO of InstaMortgage Inc, the fastest-growing mortgage company in America. All the advice is based on my experience of helping thousands of homebuyers and homeowners. We are a mortgage company and will help you with all your mortgage needs. Unlike lead generation websites, we do not sell your information to multiple lenders or third-party companies.
In this post you will find the Real Estate Market Report for San Mateo County. The report includes Sales, Median Price, Available Homes for Sale for Single Family and Condos.
San Mateo County Home Sales were up in February 2011 compared to one year ago.
- Sales of single-family, re-sale homes rose for the third month in a row in February. Home sales were up 1.5% compared to February 2010.
- The median price for single-family, re-sales homes in San Mateo County fell, year-over-year, for the fifth month in a row. The median price was off 1.7% compared to last February. The average price dropped 5.5% year-over-year.
Momentum in San Mateo County Real Estate
- Sales momentum halted its slide in last month and was flat at +3%, down from the current peak of +11% reached in August.
- Pending momentum a harbinger of future sales, while still positive, has also been trending downward. Last month the number was +14%, down three points from January.
More Statistics for San Mateo County Real Estate
- Year-over-year, home inventory was up for the tenth month in a row: 13.9%.
- The sales price to list price ratio gained 0.7 of a point to 98.2%.
- After falling for six months, pending sales were up 8.5% last month.
San Mateo County condo market report:
- Condos sales rebounded smartly in February, rising 41.1% year-over-year. The 295 condos sold were the most in February since 2005. Condos sales were up for the second month in a row, gaining 5.6% year-over-year.
- The median price was off 1.7% compared to last February.
- The average price was down 3.9% year-over-year.
- Pending sales were up for the third month in a row: 12.6% year-over-year.
- Inventory increased for the tenth month in a row: up 21.9% year-over-year.
Remember, the real estate market is a matter of neighborhoods and houses. No two are the same. To remain updated on the Real Estate Market report of San Mateo county go to San Mateo County Real Estate Market Report page and hit the subscribe button on top.
Disclaimer -These statistics are generated using information from the MLSListings Inc. MLS, but have not been verified and are not guaranteed.