Author bio section
I am the author of this blog and also a top-producing Loan Officer and CEO of InstaMortgage Inc, the fastest-growing mortgage company in America. All the advice is based on my experience of helping thousands of homebuyers and homeowners. We are a mortgage company and will help you with all your mortgage needs. Unlike lead generation websites, we do not sell your information to multiple lenders or third-party companies.
If you had a Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Short Sale or a Deed in-lieu – you may now be able to qualify for a mortgage to buy a home one year after that incident.
Federal Housing Administration (FHA) recently announced “Back to Work” loan program that would help some borrowers in California and rest of the country to buy a home quicker than earlier imposed waiting restrictions.
How Can I Qualify for “Back to Work” Program? You may be eligible for an FHA insured mortgage if
- You can document that the delinquencies and/or indications of derogatory credit are the result of an Economic Event – An Economic Event is any occurrence beyond the borrower’s control that resulted in Loss of Employment, Loss of Income, or a combination of both, which caused a reduction in the borrower’s Household Income of twenty (20) percent or more for a period of at least six (6) months.
- You have re-established credit– Your credit history should be clear of late housing or installment debt payments, and major derogatory credit issues on revolving accounts. If there are any open mortgages, it should be current and shows twelve (12) months satisfactory payment history. No history of delinquency on rental housing payments; and No more than one thirty (30) days delinquency on payments due to other creditors; and No collection accounts/court records reporting (other than medical and/or identity theft).
- You have completed satisfactory Housing Counseling – You need to receive at a minimum, one hour of one-on-one counseling from HUD-approved housing counseling agencies.The counseling must address the cause of the economic event and the actions taken to overcome the economic event and reduce the likelihood of re occurrence. Counseling must be completed a minimum of thirty (30) days but no more than six (6) months prior to submitting a loan application to us. A list of counseling agencies can be found online at www.HUD.gov or by calling 1-800-569-4287 1-800-569-4287
- Meet all other FHA Loan requirements – You still need to meet all standard requirements for qualifying for an FHA loan. You can read all about qualifying for an FHA loan by clicking here.
When Can I Apply For This Program? – The program is in effect from now till September 30, 2016. Complete the short form here to apply for “Back to Work” program in California
Can I use it for both Refinance and Home Purchase Loan? This new loan program is available only if you are buying a new home. For refinancing, you need to follow the standard waiting period. Find the details for waiting period for FHA, Conforming and VA loans by clicking here.
If you are in the state of California (CA) and think you may qualify for this loan program, call us at 408.615.0655, 408.615.0655 or email me at [email protected]
- 71Not since April end had mortgage forbearance dipped below 4 million. Well, it did just that for the week ending Aug 10, reports Black Knight. On August 3, the mortgage forbearance number was 1,000 over 4 million. This week, it has come down to 3.93 million, representing a fall of…
- 67The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) recently announced the agency's new schedule of loan limits for 2018, with most areas in the country to experience an increase in loan limits in 2018. In fact, 3011 counties in the country will see an increase in loan limits for 2018, while 223 counties…
- 66Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) after analyzing data from Ellie Mae's AllRegs® Market Clarity® business information tool reported that the Mortgage Credit Availability Index (MCAI) in April dropped to the lowest level since December 2014. The decline is MCAI shows the tightening of lending standards showing decreased availability of mortgages for…
- 63Integrated Technology company Black Knight says that the total mortgages in forbearance have shot up after three successive weeks of decline. The update on June 23 divulges that the number of mortgages under forbearance ran up to 4.68 million, a clean 83,000 above its tally a week before that. The…