Author bio section
I am the author of this blog and also a top-producing Loan Officer and CEO of InstaMortgage Inc, the fastest-growing mortgage company in America. All the advice is based on my experience of helping thousands of homebuyers and homeowners. We are a mortgage company and will help you with all your mortgage needs. Unlike lead generation websites, we do not sell your information to multiple lenders or third-party companies.
As a San Jose First-Time Home Buyer you should get a mortgage pre-approval done before you start looking for a house. Pre-approval helps you in 3 ways:
- It lets you know how much mortgage you can qualify for. This will help you search for homes in the same price range
- It gives you an estimate of what your total housing payment would be, and
- If you like a house and would like to make an offer; a “Pre-approval” letter makes your offer stronger.
You start the process by completing a loan application. You may also be required to submit few documents. Commonly requested items include:
For Wage Earners:
- Last 2 year W2s
- 2 most recent Pay Stubs
- 2 most recent bank statements, 401(K) statements, Statement of any other liquid assets
- If Bonus/Commission income Last 2 year Tax returns
For Self Employed:
- 2 Most Recent all bank statements
- Last 2 year Tax returns
- Last Quarter P&L statement
If you are a San Jose First-Time Home Buyer and would like to know how much you can qualify for, contact me for a complimentary session. I can be reached via email at [email protected] or via phone at 408.905.6261.
Download our FREE eBook
“How to Buy Your First Home in the Bay Area – A Step-by-step guide to the Home ownership” by entering your information in the form below.