Author bio section
This update contains the temporary changes to the FHA Condo Approval Process for San Jose and rest of the Bay Area as outlined in Mortgage Letter 2009-46 B.
Here are the 6 things you need to know about these changes:
1. These temporary changes are effective on December 7th, 2009 through December 31st 2010; except for Spot Loan Approvals.
2. Spot Loan Approvals will be eliminated as of February 1st, 2010.
3. FHA loan concentration may be increased to 100% if the following criteria are met: a. Project construction has been 100% complete for at least 1 year, b. All units have been sold and no single entity owns more than 10% of the units, c. Project holds 10% of the budget in reserves for capital expenditures and deferred maintenance, d. Control of Home Owner’s Association has been transferred to the owners, and e. Owner-occupancy is at least 50%.
4. FHA requires a 50% owner-occupant ratio but bank-owned units that are either vacant or tenant-occupied are not required to be included the calculation.
5. New construction pre-sale requirement is temporarily reduced to 30%.